Tuesday, March 20, 2007

78/365 Accident Waiting to Happen...



We went to Dunkin Donuts today and there was a rope with a small sign hanging from it warning of possible sheets of ice falling off the roof. Pictured are the sheets of ice.



While waiting for Jeff to get our coffee, I took pictures of the remnants of already fallen sheets and hoped to get a shot of them as they fell. I saw one guy just get missed being hit and had joked with Jeff before he went in about the sign not thinking I'd actually see them fall down.



As Jeff carefully walked with our coffee after I had warned him that I actually saw 4 or 5 sheets fall down, a few sheets started to fall down right after Jeff stepped out from the overhang. I realized they weren't going to hit him so I grabbed the camera quickly thinking there was no way I'd get it before it hit the ground... But, surprise of all surprises, I somehow got a shot of the last sheet. Out of focus, but hey, I didn't even have the camera up to my face. I am SO, SO happy that Jeff didn't get hit but he did end up wiping out on the ice. Luckily, his back is somewhat OK but he is a bit sore.

4 comments:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

We had a friend who parked his car at a hotel, and a sheet of ice came down and totally demolished his car!

I hope Jeff feels better soon.

Jess said...

Jeff looks like he's sidestepping :)

Paula said...

I love the mourning dove photo below. How fun! And I'm glad Jeff is okay.

SUSAN said...

Wow...it's hard to believe it's still winter in some places. Ice is scarey. In college, I was in a car that spun on house all the way down a rather tall hill and we ended up in a ditch. That was one of those life-flashing-before you kind of things. I am happy Jeff is doing ok!

Susan