Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mourning Dove Monday...



OK, so I really took this picture today but I've decided the only way I can do this project with my ankle is to take the pictures when I get them. Anyway, the Mourning Doves have moved back into their nest. They've had a nest on our porch for at least the past 5 years. Sometimes they skip a spring. It always makes me happy to see them return and I wonder if they are from the babies the year before. One year, I actually rescued one of the babies and returned it to the nest. I wrote about it on TD and would've posted the writing here but I no longer have access to it because the screen on my old laptop died and TD is gone.

4 comments:

Jess said...

There's a bird box above our back porch - I hope we get some birds too!

Ampersand said...

I remember that post on TD...

Unknown said...

What a great photo and I remember the post on TD too. How's tha ankle doing?

Dalissa 365 said...

Ankle is getting better. It's really hard to tell since I can't see inside. I get new x-rays in two weeks and hopefully a walking boot at which point my photos will hopefully become more interesting.