Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Next Big Purchase...



Now, for anyone else having to consider braces, please note the difference in price if I buy a membership to a discount dental plan that I found on the internet called Dental Network of America. I googled discount dental plans and found several plans and surprisingly enough one of the orthodontists that my dentist recommended was listed for a few of the plans. So, I picked the plan that offers 20% off orthodontic services for the price of $109/year. Not bad, huh?

7 comments:

Dancingirl said...

Not bad at all! Good for you!

jayfish said...

wow, for one of the kids or both?

Dalissa 365 said...

That's for one... Our oldest son's cost about $7,000 since he had pre-braces and regular braces.

Dalissa 365 said...

I should add that it's two estimates for one kid... one without using the dental discount plan and the one on the right is using the plan. I am not sure if I made that clear in my initial post.

Ampersand said...

We've managed to avoid braces with both of ours. Thankfully, they got Boogieman's great teeth.

I still need to get braces, but it is one of those things that keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the list.

I'm glad you could find a good insurance plan -- it's so hard when you are self-employed. I'm voting for the the candidate who seems most willing and able to fix that problem.

SUSAN said...

I'll have to check this out, as Christy needs braces in the spring. Good job!

Susan

Sandie said...

When Kayleigh got hers, we had no dental insurance because it wasn't offered through the UofL. They told every one it wasn't offered because of the 'great discounts' the dental school offered. We used the dental school for her, they were great, but the price 10 yrs ago was over $5000. My sister had good insurance with both Nathan and Athena, but still paid over $3000 with Athena and $9000 when it is all said and done with Nathan who inherited his father's really bad teeth. Nathan gets his off in just about 6 months after having them on for almost 4 yrs.