Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 53: Self Portrait Sketch


The summer of 9th grade, I was trapped in the bedroom of a boy holding a knife over me similar in size to this one. We were only friends.  He thought it was funny... one of those half joking, half serious kinds of actions. There was someone else in the room with us, but I really can't remember who it was. Thankfully, someone else knocked on his front door, allowing me eventual exit from his room without harm. I never told my Mom. I did eventually tell my husband.
How an event like this can effect a person is weird.   Your thought patterns change.  

(This is a sketch for a self-portrait. I honestly don't know if I will do a final or if this will end up as the final.)

2 comments:

Nutrition Tailor said...

Interesting shot and story. Your story triggered in me some memories of some rather strange and uncomfortable situations from around 7th-8th grade....I think boys can be weird at that age--they do dumb things--is it to try to look scary and shock people? I don't know....

Dalissa 365 said...

Yes, boys can be weird, but this was more than uncomfortable for me. I feared for my life/violation of my body. This guy was scary, a little bit older, and into doing drugs. I don't know what he had done that day, but you could see in his eyes/actions that he was on the line of what to do next. Some people are crazy.