Sunday, April 8, 2007

Carol's Challah



This project went great right until the end when I misplaced the recipe and what temp and how long to cook it. So, I went in the other room to get the info. off my computer and was sidetracked by the fact that my son had made a hot dog for me for dinner. But, on top of that, at that moment, Eve kicked Jonah making him fall into the tv tray which sent a full glass of ice water careening to the floor and shattering. In the meantime, my challah unhappily burnt! It still tastes pretty good but the top is rather hard. And, I had made these loaves for Easter dinner. Anyway, the other problem was that they were too close together on the tray and thus touched each other... oh well... next time.

5 comments:

iammykidsmama said...

I'm impressed. Is challah hard to make?

Sandie said...

It will make perfect French Toast! I use stale challah to make baked French toast and it is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Sandie, I know how to make regular French toast... is there anything different when you bake it?

Sandie said...

I just sent you an email :)

Anonymous said...

AAAHHHH, the joys of motherhood!!!
It was still great......... thanks for everything....
luv ya