Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17: Froggy Watches Her Sing


Miss E. has been taking voice lessons since this fall. I almost forgot about her lesson tonight and remembered, much to her chagrin, at the last minute. She had been playing in the snow for part of the day and we were still at a friend's home when I remembered. I'd been planning to wrap things up soon anyway, but Miss. E did not appreciate the abrupt change. Through coercing and chocolate, we made our way to the lesson in time. Miss E. pulled herself together and sang. She sang beautifully, sweetly, and more importantly, kindly, following direction and listening despite not wanting to be there tonight. During the last five minutes I could see her falling apart, the weariness in her eyes. But, she held out. I'm proud of my girl.

And, of course, I forgot my real camera and had to resort to the low-fi cell phone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. Reminds me of an episode of the muppets. Can't hate on cell phone pics. Better than no camera.

Sandie said...

the low fi, makes it look like a movie still, I think it is a neat shot, it captures a real sense of story