Thursday, February 8, 2007

Especially for Julie...



I can't believe it's been almost 20 years since I saw them in concert. I remember it like it was yesterday. We didn't even have tickets. We drove down and scalped tickets so we didn't pay that nice $18.50 price you see on the ticket; instead, we paid $50 each. Bruce Springsteen came out and joined them for a song or two. My best friend and I met some guys who let us sit on their shoulders so that we could see well above the crowd since we were on the floor. We conveniently "lost" them in the crowd once they set us down... young thangs that we were.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Omigosh, I'm so with you, Dali. Look at my post for Thursday. :-D

Unknown said...

Isn't that crazy that both you and Colleen cited U2 today? Wow. I love that you saw Bruce with U2 - that is my dream.