Saturday, February 17, 2007

Stupidity + Snow = Broken Ankle









Sadie, my partner in crime.





Temporary splint.


All day I declined from going sledding down the hill. At the end of the day, I finally gave in just to get a good photo from the bottom of the hill. We smacked into a tree... duh, the yard is rather wooded with only one path for sledding. And, I put my foot up to brace us from the impact since Eve was in front of me on the sled. She was OK. I am not. I have a multiple fractures in the talus bone of my ankle. I will find out when I go into see the orthopedic surgeon this week exactly how bad it is and whether or not I'll get a cast or surgery. Either way, I won't be able to put weight on my right foot for possibly up to 12 weeks. I am completely and utterly beside myself and feel like the ultimate ass.

9 comments:

iammykidsmama said...

I look like I'm smiling. I was trying to look pitiful :(

Ampersand said...

Wow, 12 weeks is a long time!!

Those mom instincts are powerful, putting out your foot to protect your young.

I hope your recovery is as quick and pain-free as possible.

Anonymous said...

i hope you have good medication,I broke my foot last week snowboarding and luckily didn't need surgery but stuck in this uncomfortable cast for a month.Anyway how are you feeling?Swelling down at all?Feel free to e-mail me mortgagebank1@gmail.com,David

Jess said...

Why an ass, it's an accident! Dalissa, I'm so sorry! I can't imagine being laid up for 12 weeks. Maybe you can make sure Eli gets his license soon so he can drive himself and maybe Si around?

Dalissa 365 said...

Jess- The law is such that Eli has to have his permit for at least 6 months and log 50 hours of specific driving time before he can even apply to get his license. Oh well.

Unknown said...

Ack! I understand about those broken bones and snow. You poor thing!~ I hope that you get waited on hand and foot. You deserve it.

Jess said...

Wow Dalissa, the law's definitely changed since I went for mine!

my15minutes said...

I'm so sorry! Poor you! I agree with Julie....I hope you get waited on hand and foot!

LauraLiz said...

You win Dalissa! Clicking photos even while xraying a broken ankle!!

Hope thing are looking up soon...