Sunday, February 4, 2007

Field Trip...

This is the outside of the castle we went to today... I am sure none of you realized there were even castles in PA and now I get to show you another one. This is Glencairn and to the right of it is the Cairnwood Mansion. The castle was built in the early 1900's. There is a cathedral adjacent to the mansion and castle where the Swedborgians practice their religion which
is called The New Church.



These are the stained glass windows that you see when first entering the castle.



And this is the balcony that overlooks the main room which you enter.



The archway is a mosaic with large type that states, "THE NEW CHURCH IS THE CROWN OF ALL THE CHURCHES THAT HAVE HITHERTO EXISTED IN THE WORLD." Pretty lofty statement, huh?



And, here is a stand alone shot of a tree that I was more enamored with than the castle and mansion which sit behind it. I love trees.

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Impressive structure! Love the archway and stained glass.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful castle - I've always loved castles. I think I am a princess who has been misplaced in suburbia! haha!

I really like the tree shot - especially your shadow in the bottom corner - it makes the picture less "lonely", if you know what I mean.

SUSAN said...

The tree shot has a shadow self-portrait of you. Cool!

I said, on Jeff's blog. that y'all do such interesting things as a family!

Susan

Paula said...

I could only see two of the pictures. Do you know why that is?

Dalissa 365 said...

I have no idea. My older laptop will only ever load two photos. Other than that blogger just seems to be sporadic about these types of things.