Sunday, January 7, 2007

Day 10- Chaya Helps Cook Dinner...




I made a pot roast and Chaya came in and offered to help. I thought to myself that I really didn't have anything for her to do since I thought we had only one decent peeler but on second look I found a second peeler that worked so we peeled potatoes and carrots together. She started saying the phrase, "You say potato and I say potato..." I explained to her that it is a phrase from a song and I sang part of it for her. I didn't think to grab my camera until we were done so I gave her a couple extra carrots to peel and the funny thing was that while I was getting my camera she kept peeling and peeling. By the time I returned, the carrot was merely a stub, so I had to give her a new one. I had a hard time deciding which photo to post. I hope no one minds that I don't seem capable of choosing only one each day.

9 comments:

Sandie said...

I especially like the first one. The colors are great and the determination on her face is so serious! Neat shots!

SUSAN said...

Orange wall and orange carrot...cool!

I had posted 5 photos today and then took 2 off. I am having a terrible time only posting l photo!

Susan

Paula said...

Oh my word, in that picture she looks just like you! I love it.

LauraLiz said...

I especially like the first one--everything about it! I love how these photos are not only capturing our lives, but also our thoughts.

Jess said...

The colors are so vibrant! I can't get colors like that out of my camera indoors, I'm in envy ;) I love the expression on Chaya's face, so happy!

Dancingirl said...

These pictures make me happy. Maybe it's the subject... mom and daughter cooking together. Maybe the color of your wall! I esp. love the top one... the expression on Chaya's face is cute.

I haven't commented in a couple of days. Enjoyed seeing and reading about fencing. And I really like that bottom one of you in front of the TD page.

my15minutes said...

I'd have had a hard time choosing too. The bottom one is cool because you've got that depth of field thing going like Jeff does. The first one is nice especially because of the angle you're capturing it from. I thought both were nice ways to capture the moment.

Unknown said...

I like one or two each day. :) I find myself returning to them all day so it's nice to have more to look at. You and Jeff are of a whole different class than the rest of us. I love your photos.

Ampersand said...

I have to say ditto to Julie -- your pictures are something to behold.

Oh, and your family is just beautiful.