Saturday, January 27, 2007

A Half Day in My Life...

Arriving at the library for a preschool field trip... I caught Eve offguard.



This is my absolute favorite house in town. It went on the market finally last summer with an asking price of I think $699,000. I believe it sold for over a million. I would've liked to have gotten a better photo of it but I felt very uncomfortable shooting photos of someone else's house without permission. I stayed close to the car in case I needed to make a quick getaway. I probably would've explained myself if someone came out, though. This house is much bigger than it looks and has a carriage house behind it in the same style. I pass by this house at least once a week, sometimes more.



Eve and I stopped for lunch at Friendly's. She shared her hot fudge sundae with me... whatta girl!



Lest Julie or anyone else think I live in a grand area with no ugly developments or 5 line highways... here's my least favorite intersection if you drive the opposite direction from my favorite town. This intersection is about 12 minutes from my house when it is not rush hour. During rush hour, it could take a half hour to reach it if you didn't use any back roads. And, if you did use back roads, you'd never use this intersection. It's called 5 points. One idiot actually proposed and almost passed getting a traffic circle installed here to replace the light which regulates traffic from 5 roads. Can you imagine trying to merge into a traffic circle that contains 16 wheelers?



Jonah is king of his class for the duration of the Medieval project. Today was the Medieval feast, which you can also view on Jessica's 365 blog. Here he is sitting at the table for the royalty from his class and the other 3.4 class including Jessica's daughter next to him. The serfs had to serve the royalty first.



This is the castle Jonah's class built out of refrigerator boxes. I chose this specific photo because I thought having Eve in it would give you an idea of it's size. This is why I love the charter school. I realize projects like this could be done in a co-op setting but the fact is that we never did projects like this with any of the co-ops we ever were a part of.



My card was full after shooting the Medieval Feast... can you blame me? So, my photo log day ended around 2 pm.

I don't have another photo blog, so I hope you don't mind me overposting here.

8 comments:

MaryD said...

It's really fun to see these pictures from your life, Dali! I especially love the pic of Eve with her tongue out... it's so cute. The medieval meal and castle look really great, clearly it's a special place for your kids. Thanks for sharing these!

Unknown said...

What a great series! I love the hot fudge sundae. It bookends Catirin's burrito! :)

And I have often thought of shooting an intersection like that one. They are everywhere aren't they?

Cool house. It almost looks haunted from the angle you used.

And medieval feasts! So great that your charter school does all that for you.

margaretm said...

So fun to see a little of your life. Your children are really beautiful. I especially like the one of Eve caught off guard--very innocent.

Dancingirl said...

Sweet and beautiful girl. She's growing up fast!

iammykidsmama said...

A turn around at 5 points? Yeah, that would be smart.
That castle looks sooo cool. And the feast.

Ampersand said...

Dali, I've been meaning to tell you how much I love the your kids' names. They are as beautiful as the kids :-).

Sandie said...

I am only seeing a few of these :(

I love the one of Eve in the car and the hot fudge sundae really cute.

Sandie said...

Ok take that back...now I see all of them! They are great. I am not sure why they didn't load the first time, but did the second.