Monday, January 15, 2007

Day 17- Catching up on old things...

Over at Trapdoor during the summer there was a project to do a self portrait. I did mine outside on the porch while Eve did one of herself but never got around to posting a photo of it on TD. Since I forgot to bring a camera to the birthday party I went to today, I decided I'd take a photo of the portrait and one of Jeff since I only had about 30 minutes left to shoot something. Today was a blue day and had I time, I constructed a still life I wanted to take in my head but alas, here are today's offerings instead...



The 20 minute portrait. I did do a separate portrait in oil pastel that took a few hours but it didn't turn out as well and one of the kids added their own stylings to it at some point so I trashed it awhile ago. The expression in this portrait is a pretty good interpretation of how I look when I am angry and although it's very crude, I like it. Currently, it hangs in the diningroom with a couple portraits the kids did of themselves.



Jeff saying that he can't be photographed. ;)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! I love that you hung your self-portrait. Glad to see a photo of Jeff. I realized yesterday that I need to post one of Jon on my 365.

Jeff Reeder said...

Are you calling me an "old thing"?
I found a picture one of the girls took the other day that bears a striking resemblance to you self portrait. Remind me to how that to you.

SUSAN said...

You do look angry, Dali. Did you look that way when you drew yourself or did you add the angry look. It's a very good portrait of an angry Dali. ;-)

Jeff is handsome.

Susan

Dalissa 365 said...

I actually looked that way when I was drawing myself, Susan, because the sun was bright and in my eyes and I wanted to draw a portrait that expressed how I was feeling. I wasn't feeling angry at the time but I was feeling raw and intense.

And, yeah, i think he's cute, too. thanks.

Natalia said...

I love the self portrait. I wish I could draw.

Natalia

margaretm said...

Very cool...I love your self portrait.

Jeff Reeder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dalissa 365 said...

Oops... I was signed in under Jeff. I had said thanks for the compliments to everyone!