Monday, January 8, 2007

Day 11- Life in My House and Out



This is a photo of my beloved prayer group. From left Sadie, Kat and Jessica (Mukhorty). These ladies are dear to me. The way the table looks is pretty typical of how the table looks at the end of prayer group. At times there have been 11 kids and us at prayer group and so we are constantly managing interruptions and doling out snacks. Somehow in the midst of the quiet chaos we are able to share our lives with each other and wrap it up with prayer.



On many a night you can find the girls and me dancing in the kitchen while I make dinner. Tonight I played some Arabic belly dancing music from my itunes collection and she did her interpretation of belly dancing. Chaya joined in later and they took photos of each other which I am going to place on their own shared 365 journal. Jessica's daughter is creating one as well and we are thinking of linking the kids journals together.

The more photos I take, the more I realize how much of my life revolves around being in the kitchen. I think it's time to knock down the wall between the kitchen and laundry room and expand it.

9 comments:

Ampersand said...

Love seeing all your *kitchen* life. I just recently put an XMRadio receiver in my kitchen. Smartest thing I have ever done. Tunes & cooking :0>. I love to dance in the kitchen too and it embarrases my kids, which is even better!

Carol Ann Weaver said...

I have always envisioned this group of women and always am so thankful that you have had them to bear each other's burdens. Thanks for letting us peek in!

Unknown said...

What a great idea - having your kids start their own 365s! This is fast becoming an obsession with me. All day long I keep thinking - I've got to take a photo of that!

Your kids are so expressive!

Jess said...

You're so sweet, I realize that more and more. And I meant that well and not cute! I like the lighting, Kat's sideways glance (she does that a lot, doesn't she?) and that Sadie's kind of fidgeting, though I think she was then trying to re-wrap that miniture gift :) Now we just need one shot with all of us!

As for C, my word, she's got the moves!

Sandie said...

These are both great shots! I love how you are capturing the girls in 'action'. You photos are so alive!

Dancingirl said...

It's nice to see your prayer group! I chuckled at the picture of Chaya! She's definitely absorbed in dancing!

LauraLiz said...

Go Chaya!! Dalissa, you captured a priceless image!

Jess said...

I keep coming back to look at your picture from prayer group yesterday and I think it's because it captures the feel well - you can see our notebooks out, we look in the midst of conversation and from the looker's perspective it seems like all one has to do is sit down in your spot and join in. I like it.

margaretm said...

There is something so full of life about your children; they are beautiful!

They really look like you, too.

Thanks for sharing.