Monday, January 1, 2007

A last little bit of Christmas...



This is one of the five snowflake Christmas ornaments I made for the kids last year.



This was the ornament I picked out for Eli this year. Each year for the past 6 or 7 years I have given the kids each an ornament on Christmas Eve. Last year was the first and only year that I made them myself.



Here is a photo of my three wisemen making their way to see the baby Jesus. This is the Nativity set that lives on the buffet in my diningroom and is known to keep away clutter... although it currently isn't doing it's job very well.

7 comments:

Ampersand said...

Oh, I love your nativity set. And the picture of it is great. Sets a very reverent tone.

Sandie said...

These are such pretty reminders of the season. The ornaments are pretty, but photos of them are almost meserizing....

Katrina said...

Beautiful! -- something about the sparkle in the lights and the twinkle on the ornaments.

Paula said...

Wow. The talent doesn't end with your husband. Really great pictures.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

Wow, those are big wiseman for the size of that camel. POOR GUY! :)

Sandy said...

I love the focus on the ornaments w/ the softness of the lights in the background. The lighting in the wise men photo lends such a warmth and depth.

Did you use low lighting and turn off your flash? I've been practicing to get that effect but haven't quite gotten there yet.

Dalissa 365 said...

Sandy,
yes it is low lighting... only the Christmas tree light next to it and the light from the next room. I am using Jeff's camera so right now he has it set for that kind of situation. You should definitely visit his 365 blog and if you have questions about photography, ask. I feel lame in that I know I wouldn't be getting such cool shots light-wise if his camera wasn't already on the right settings for his own shots.