Thursday, January 18, 2007

Trip to the Library and town...



This is a sculpture outside our library that my kids always have to run up to and interact with when entering and/or exiting the library.



Adjacent to the library is an art museum which is so close they share a courtyard. The courtyard has changing sculpture shows and this sculpture is one of them. Last year, a friend from college and his brother had the honor of showing their work in the courtyard for a month.



This is Mercer Museum. It is across the street from the library and art museum. I love this town. It is actually right next to the town I live in. My town is actually a borough and is very small. The town pictured is only about 5-10 minutes from my house. I love it because it's streets are lined with old Victorian homes mixed with other newer homes, it has three museums, the county library, multiple restaurants and neat stores. When buying our house, we looked at a home in this town but ended up getting our house because it is a much larger Victorian than the one we had looked at in the town.

Mercer Museum houses houses old farm tools and things like that. I don't think I've ever actually been inside but Jeff and the kids have been for various field trips.

5 comments:

SUSAN said...

Very cool town! I am glad you got out of the house today. Every photo I've taken has been around my house and I want to get out and about too. The ice should be gone tommorrow. WOOHOO

Love that your kids interact with the statue.

Susan

Sandie said...

The statue is my favorite!

Colleen said...

What a great place to hang out: library, museums, restaurants, neat stores ~ and close to your home, as an added bonus! : )

my15minutes said...

Loved the one of the two readers/one reeder! :-) Congrats on remembering to take your camera out with you! Woohoo!

Dancingirl said...

I like the top one! A reader with a reader! (And I like Beth's pun!)

Nice that all that is so close.