Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday Breakfast Tradition... Day 24

Remnants of a breakfast well eaten.



On most Sundays either after church or in place of church, we eat breakfast out at our neighborhood greasy spoon. The usual fare: creamed chipped beef on wheat with home fries smothered in onions and the kids almost always pork roll, egg and cheese on a bagel. Today, Chaya made the rare switch to one of the specials, a short stack of chocolate chip pancakes.



And, this is Marianne. She has been our main waitress for most of the 7 years that we've been going there. I love her. She always has a smile on her face, usually knows what all of us are going to order unless we go for one of the specials, and always asks how we are. This isn't the best photo of her because I didn't want to take her photo without her permission although I did snap one right before she came over to our table. She happily obliged as you can see but not without asking why. I explained the project and told her that she is our most favorite waitress and that we will miss her when she plans to quit later this spring. I think she is almost finished paying off her house and thus the reason she can quit. I will miss her smiling face and joyful disposition.

4 comments:

SUSAN said...

I love it when you find a restaurants where the waitress/waiter makes you feel at home. Marianne looks special.

I like the creamed beef for breakfast idea. Have you ever made that at home? If so, would you email me the recipe, pretty please? I enjoy some breakfast foods but would just as soon eat regular food.

I like the way you slant your photos. ;-) Very artsy and makes me brain think differently when I look at them.

Susan

Colleen said...

Like Susan said, your angled pictures are so cool, Dali. We go out to eat quite a bit, and it's so great to feel "at home" with the atmosphere and servers. : )

margaretm said...

I love your slant on your photos, too. I am also a fan of creamed chipped beef and chocolate chip pancakes--sounds like a great place to eat, and a fun place to hang out with your family.

Jess said...

It wasn't until everybody else pointed out your slanted shots that I realized that's part of what I've been admiring in your photos - see how observant I am? ;) I've been running them through my head, along with how you focus on some part of the scene and the rest blurs, and I love the look - very nice.